Child protection and safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
You have a responsibility to ensure that the health and wellbeing of children and young people, up to the age of 18, is safeguarded.
This course introduces the roles, responsibilities and rights when it comes to safeguarding children. You will learn to recognise potential indicators of child abuse, understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on a child, and understand the rights of the child when it comes to safeguarding.
You will learn the actions you should take if you have concerns for a child’s wellbeing, the support available, and begin to understand the basic principles of safeguarding legislation.
The potential risks associated with the internet and social networking will also be considered within this short e-learning course.
- Recognise the potential indicators of child abuse – physical, emotional, sexual and neglect, including radicalisation, child trafficking and female genital mutilation
- Understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child or young person, including the impact of domestic violence
- Understand the importance of a child’s rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
- Know what action to take if you have concerns, including to whom you should report your concerns and seek advice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and social networking
- Understand the basic knowledge of legislation
Who Is It Aimed At?
The course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for looking after, or caring for, children and young people. It may be particularly useful for child minders, nursery staff, teachers and teaching assistants.
The course may also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, and can support the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
No prior knowledge needed.
20 – 40 minutes.
How It Works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive a completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style